Of all the resources produced at Matthias Media, The Briefing is still one of the most significant. Since 1988 it was a means of regularly ‘briefing’ our readers—that is, encouraging and equipping each other to live fruitful lives as believers while we await the return of our Lord Jesus. Sadly we had to cease publication in 2014, but we remain very thankful for all that God allowed us to do through the magazine.
We seek to persuade all Christians of the truth of God’s purposes in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Bible, and equip them with high-quality resources, so that by the work of the Holy Spirit they will:
- abandon their lives to the honour and service of Christ in daily holiness and decision-making
- pray constantly in Christ’s name for the fruitfulness and growth of his gospel
- speak the Bible’s life-changing word whenever and however they can—in the home, in the world and in the fellowship of his people.
You can read our online doctrinal statement at Gospel Convictions.
WHAT WAS IN THE BRIEFING?
- Articles to help every Christian in their walk with God.
- Ideas and thoughts to encourage all to be getting on with ‘everyday’ service and witnessing.
- A Christian perspective on the actions and events of the world around us.
- Resources for pastors and lay leaders that provide encouragement and ideas for ministers of God’s Word.